Monday 6 March 2017

Reconciliation

Students from grade 3 to 6 that have already received the Sacrament of Reconciliation will have the opportunity to go to confession on March 22nd beginning at 9:30 am.

In order to help the students prepare spiritually for the upcoming Easter season, our parish priests will be hearing the confessions of the Grade 3 to 6 students on Thursday, March 22nd, 2017.  Please take some time at home to help your child prepare for the confession.

Thank you

CHILDREN’S EXAMINATION OF CHRISTIAN LIVING
(Conscience)
Sample Questions:

  1. Do I disobey on purpose?
  2. Do I hurt others by: lying; making fun of them; stealing; fighting; inviting them to do wrong; spoiling our world?
  3. Do I pray each day?
  4. Do I refuse to help others?
  5. Do I refuse to share with others?
  6. Do I use God’s name in anger?
  7. Do I give up too easily when the going gets tough?
  8. Have I spoken about someone and ruined his or her reputation?
  9. Do I make up after a quarrel?
  10. Do I ask forgiveness of others I have hurt?
  11. Do I make an effort to make progress in my schoolwork?
  12. Do I thank God for all His gifts? For myself? For my parents?
  13. Do I tell my parents the truth even when I might be punished?
  14. When I displease my parents, do I ask them to forgive me?
  15. Do I cheat in tests or games at school?
  16. Do I refuse to help out at home?
  17. Do I treat everyone kindly, even those who are different from me?
  18. Do I use the gifts that God has given me for others?

Sacrament of Reconciliation

  1. Father will welcome you.  Say “Good Morning/Afternoon Father.”

  1. Make the Sign of the Cross.

  1. Say: “Bless me Father, for I have sinned.”

“My last Confession was…..
These are my sins….”

  1. Tell Father your sins.  When you are finished say, “That’s all Father.”

  1. Listen to Father.  He will tell you what to do for your Penance.  Remember      what he tells you!

  1. Say your Act of Contrition.



     An Act of ContritionC:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Catalog\Downloaded Clips\cl43\j0168398.wmf


My God,
I am sorry for my sins
with all my heart.

In choosing to do wrong
and failing to do good,
I have sinned against You
whom I should love above all things.

I firmly intend, with your help,
to do penance,
to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.

  1. Say “Thank you Father.”

Click here for the link to the school letter..

No comments:

Post a Comment